This is what? The seventh or so rewrite of this post? When making a post like this it’s hard to find the right tone and the right way of expressing ideas without falling in rage filled post, design philosophy discussions and rants. So I’m going to restrain myself a bit and do this in bullet point form, simple is better no?
Here’s how this will work, I do this as if I was addressing Bioware directly. Each point will list an issue I feel is important to me along with the fix I’d like to see and I’ll try to keep things to the point and short. Finally, this list is not ordered in order of importance.
- Communication: I’d like to know exactly what is the state of the game. How do you guys view the next year. I’d also like to see a detailed list of all the issues you are working on and those you are not and why. Posts along the lines of the Letters from the producer from FFIV would be great.
- Engine performance: Unexplainable slow downs, loading screens take too long and responsiveness problems. Now I know these kinds of fixes are complicated but they are critical and you guys need to figure this out. At the very least, take us through what has been done so far and what you intend to do with his.
- Game bugs: Some bugs have been present since launch. Graphics effects not appearing, recurring issues on the GTN, respawning or missing mobs, quest issues, etc… Not only do you need to fix them but they also need not to come back. Again, a road map would be appreciated here.
- End game progression: Flashpoints to heroics flashpoints to story mode ops to hard mode ops to nightmare mode. That’s the way we expect it to be and that’s how it should be. Now, when some Heroic flashpoints are harder than ops there’s a problem and you need to fix it.
- End game gear progression: Each tier should gear me enough to start doing the next tier. Right now there’s a wall between story mode and hard mode EC that needs to disappear. To a lesser degree, there’s also one between normal flashpoints and heroic flashpoints we could do without.
- Gearing up should not be a chore: I should not have to do dailies every day to be able to gear up to finally stand a chance to take down the next boss. Chores are no fun and do not make me want to play your game.
I’m writing this and I realize that what I’m asking for is not new features or new crazy stuff. I just want Bioware to clean up their house and improve what they have already in place. I really hope that’s not too much to ask. If any of you want to add to this feel free to in the comments.