This post has been last updated on July 14th 2011.
Want to tank the Troll heroics? Want to know the dirty tricks of tanking them so you can blame the dps for failure? Well you’ve come to the right place! So here’s in bullet point form, the quick and dirty lowdown of ZG and ZA bosses. And because tanks are really awesome, we won’t even deign name the bosses properly (or it could be because I’m lazy and don’t want to spend the day researching names).
- Tank him at the foot of the stair, a few feet away from them. Try to imagine a small rectangle in front of the stairs about as wide as the stairs. This area is maze free and its the safest place to tank the boss in.
- Snake man form equals breath weapon. Move through him and behind him when that happens. The boss should not move beside turning to face you. Stay in the tanking rectangle.
- Try interrupting him when possible.
- When he goes up the stairs, run out of the maze and come back when he’s done with his poison thingie
- Easy boss, tank and spank in the center. Careful to not bring him to the edges if mobs are still around the arena
- Stay out of bad on the ground
- Try to snare, slow the raptor. Dps him too to pick up the dps slack.
Edge of Madness
- Use your head! Don’t stand in bad, interrupt and just show a bit of skill.
- Pull the small panthers 4 at a time. You need to get over the panther killing fast or the healer will run out of mana and the party of health. Use all your tricks to aggro the panters. AoE tanking is king here. This is a race against time.
- Use defensive cooldowns on waves 2,3 and 4
- Leave someone else to interrupt tears on panther boss if possible, you’ll have your hands full the with the small ones.
- Move behind the boss on the blood waves
- Tank the boss close to the green cauldron
- Go pick up the zombies when they spawn and use the red cauldron.
- Big blue troll add is the dps job to handle. Do watch out if the focus on you.
- Whenever the boss starts casting his fire wave ability move to the side. He locks his position at the begining of the cast, leaving you ample time to move away. While tanking him, face him away from other group members so they don’t get caught in a flame wave.
Final boss (where Hakkar used to be)
- Phase 1, stay out of bubble except on cast of his madness spell wich boost his strikes. You want to be in the bubble while he’s buffed. Wait for the buff to fall off of him before moving out of bubble.
- Phase 2, go pick up adds while dps deal with spirits
- Ask the healer to follow you around and keep him clear of spirits. The dps are on their own
- Stay out of purple bad on the ground
- Tank the boss dead center.
- When it starts raining get ready to move under the cloud.
- Save cooldowns for when the healer takes an eagle ride.
- AoE abilities are great to help reduce brown eagle numbers.
- Try to slow, snare and deathgrip the white eagle when able to.
- Tank and spank fight, enjoy!
- Tank the boss in the center as much as possible. He should face away from the rest of the group at all times
- You’ll have to pick adds. Ask the healer and the ranged dps to stand on the opposite side of where the adds are coming from. If adds come from the left, you should be in the center and ranged should be on the right. This way, the adds have to come through you to get to the tasty healers.
- Bust out your mad AoE tanking skills! This will get a bit crazy
- Use cooldowns when the adds start piling
- Use a top down view to see clearly the fire orbs, don’t stand in them.
- Keep the boss out of healing totems range
- Help dps the corrupted lightning totems
- No matter wich lynx add strategy is employed, try to taunt it and keep aggro on it as much as possible.
- CC the adds, if not tank them until they are killed.
- Tank the boss in the center.
- Use your head to avoid his various abilities. Interrupts, stay out of bad, etc…
- Bear = Tank and spank
- Eagle= Stay out and away from tornadoes as much as you can
- Dragonhawk= fire is bad, don’t stand in it
- Lynx= Taunt back the boss after he jumps on another player. Wait until the hit lands before taunting back or you’ll waste your taunt.
Hope you guys enjoyed!