As of yesterday I’m now a loremaster of Pandaria meaning I completed most of the quests in the main zones of Pandaria as I’m sure most of you are already aware. On the whole it was an enjoyable experience although if I had one main complain is that I found the mobs had a bit much health. Then again it could be me questing as a tank but I remember reading that the spec wasn’t supposed to matter. Anyhow, on the whole I found the experience enjoyable.
Here’s in bullet point form my impressions on each of the zones.
- Jade Forest: Sooooo confusing…. Serious, I felt most of the time like I was following along without any real idea of what was happening. Not that it was an entirely bad thing because it did bring across the feeling that I was in a strange and foreign land. Seeing for the first time a big Sha was a memorable experience.
- Valley of the four winds: Pretty zone that felt a lot like Nagrand complete with Nesingwary genocide quests. I liked following along Chen, the Brewery part was silly but nice and the Tillers were not as bad as I feared them to be. The bug wars at the very end was pretty nice.
- Krasarang wilds: Meh… it’s probably the zone I like the less of the whole expansion. Not that it’s awful but it didn’t feel special or memorable.
- Kun-lai Summit: Hands down the winner for the largest amount of silly quests in the same zone. Yak-wash, the coffee beans quests, the Grummles…. and it was all awesome. While they were silly I felt they were well done and in the end I had a lot of fun in Kun-lai. I also think Yaks are the best mounts ever.
- Townlong steppes: My other meh zone of Pandaria. It had its moments but nothing really memorable.
- Dread wastes: The Klaxxi are super creepy… in a good way. After all the cheerfulness of the pandas it felt good to have a race that’s borderline evil and doesn’t care about asking you to kill anything that moves. A bit too many kill quests in that zone but not enough to really bother me.