With all the recent happening with Swtor, EA and Bioware a lot of rumors are flying around, some that sound reasonable and others that are just crazy. I thought I’d list some of the recurring ones I’ve been seeing lately and I’ll let you judge whether they could be true or not.
- EA is trying to sell off Swtor to another company and will then shut down Bioware. If anything this is one I’d like to see come true. Not the shut down Bioware part but I think anyone else other than EA to handle Swtor is fantastic news.
- EA will close down the game as soon as it pays back the investment cost. F2P is only a ploy to get money faster. I’m not much into conspiracy scenario and I don’t think EA would want the bad publicity it would get from doing a move like this.
- If the subs number keep dropping at the rate they are, there will be less than an 100k players playing by christmas. While I don’t believe anyone could make an accurate assessments of numbers beside EA, I am curious as to how the game will hold up with GW2 and Pandaria just around the corner.
- Jeff Hickman real job is to make the game pay for its investment cost and then shut down the game. This is a variation on the earlier rumor about shutting down the game as soon as it meets its investment cost.
- Jeff Hickman is really a Blizzard employee sent to sabotage EA from the inside. I don’t think it’s true but it’s funny nonetheless.
So, any more rumors out there I may have missed? Even if I don’t believe much of the above is true if any at all, I do think something is happening that we’re not being told. Rumors usually don’t get that crazy unless something is happening. What that something is though I have no idea.