Someone asked my about where I was with raiding in Swtor and my thoughts about the raids. Snark side has recently completed Eternity vault Hard Mode, we have Karaga’s palace cleared on normal and we’ve started working on Explosive conflict. We’re making progress from week to week. We did go a bit slower than I had expected but we had to switch a few members in the roster in the past month. However I feel we’re stronger now and more stable so all in all things are going well.
And now in bullet point form my impressions of raids so far.
- Story mode vs Hard mode: They’re pretty much the same and it’s more a question of gear than raider skill. If you can handle the story mode version, you can adapt to the hard mode version
- Jump between tier 1 (EV, KP) and tier 2 (Explosive conflict). It sucks. It looks like they tuned it so that you need tier 1 hardmode gear to do EC story mode. Not impressed.
- Eternity vault. Fun enough introductory raid except for Soa. I hate Soa…
- Karaga’s Palace. Great raid! I’m having a lot of fun in there. The fights are great, the ambiance rocks and the fights are interesting without being a pain in the ass. Good job!
- Explosive conflict. Can only comment on the first boss who seems way overtuned for story mode. The forums and even the devs seems to agree with me. Possible nerf maybe?